Lodsworth had at least five blacksmiths or wheelwrights, sometimes as separate businesses and sometimes combined. This might seem a large number for a small parish until one considers that these were the equivalent of modern vehicle servicing and repair businesses, keeping the horses shod and the carts and other transport in working order. Furthermore they provided a similar service for agricultural and other equipment.
|Forge Cottage Blacksmiths Shop||Forge Cottage, Lickfold||Henry Tribe (1841-1859), William Tribe (1851-1891), James Hughes (1899-1903), George Humphreys (1909-1911)||3,4,5,6,7|
|Hollist Blacksmith's Shop||The Hollist Arms, The Street||James Gill (1841-1895), Richard Gill (1845-1878), Alfred James Gill (1890-1915), Frederick Gill (1899-1899), A G Gill (1929-1929)||4,5,6,8|
|South Heath Blacksmith's Shop||South Heath Farm, Selham||William Hills (1841-1861)||4,5,6,7|
|Smithbrook Wheelwrights||Smithbrook Cottage, Smithbrook||John Stenning (1841-1890), William John Osborn (1911-1911)||3,4,6,7|
|Wheelwrights & Smithy, The Street||The Street||Charles Osborn (1895-1924), James Osborn (1930-1938)||5|